Delete entries from WF-BATCH outbox ?

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:10:58 EDT 2007

Hi Susan,

On a similar topic we ran into a SOFM (Business document) issue with the
Workflow Administrator's Inbox.

Don't know if it's of any use to anyone else but we ended up implementing
OSS note 922565 to try and purge the system of millions of unread
ERRORMESSAGE notifications to try and get the volumes down. It almost worked
but left us with entries in SOFM relating to personal folders which we had
to trim seperately.

The problem with SOFM documents is that they have a nasty tendancy of being
forgotten about. If the recipients don't read the messages they just pile up
unless you reorg them it seems. Not sure if the SO16 settings have any
effect on these (but I might be wrong)?

Also, you may have to think about previous years folders as well. We ran a
reorg but only got rid of 20% of our Business Doc volume to start with
because a lot of them had been sent to a previous years set of folders for
the same users.

No doubt you've been looking at the entries in SOFM, SOFD, SODM, SOOS and
SOC3 (to name but a few tables). Thankfully we don't use attachments that
much :)

Mike GT