Event Queue - Functionality ??

Subashini.Bhoopathiraj@uinet.com Subashini.Bhoopathiraj at uinet.com
Wed Aug 1 11:09:10 EDT 2007

Hi Priya,

You can also put Wait step in the Workflow for the time when you  want to
send workitems to the inbox. when event raised, workflow will trigger &
wait for the time you specified in the wait step..... this is another way
of making workflow to wait....

Thanks,
Subashini
203-499-3912

Priya Sharma <priya.sharma at tcs.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
07/25/2007 08:55 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>, sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
Subject
Re: Event Queue - Functionality ??

Hi Veit,
 I have designed a WF whose triggering event is posted and BO is FIPP
(FIPP.Posted). This WF has only one step which delivers workitem with
display posted document screen ,  to president of the company once in a
day ,say at 10 pm.So in our scenario,
we want to send the workitems containing different  posted documents of
the entire day to  the inbox of the president  at 10 pm everyday .
i.e if we have 20 posted documents for today , we want these 20 workitems
to be delivered in inbox of president at 10 pm .

as if now :
As soon as this event is reached .i.e . a user posted the document , this
WF  starts  and work item will get deliver in presidents inbox at the same
time .
But we want this to happen at say 10 pm.

If I use SAP_WAPI* functions, then will my WF will be triggered when this
FM (SAP_START_WAPI_WORKFLOW)  is called or will my WF works  wen a user
post the document ...

Please advice how to go about solving this .

Best Regards
Priya

Veit Unger <veit.unger at de.ibm.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
07/25/2007 05:35 PM

Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Event Queue - Functionality ??

Hello Priya,

the event queue will just queue and deliver already raised events, it
won't raise them.
You could write a little ABAP that raises your start event or directly
starts you workflow using the SAP_WAPI* functions and schedule that one as
a repeating job.

kind regards,
Veit Unger

Dipl. WiInf. Veit Unger
-
eMail: veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Telefon: +(49) 170 914 7650

IBM Global Business Services
Nahmitzer Damm 12 - 12277 Berlin . Germany

--
IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki

Priya Sharma <priya.sharma at tcs.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
25.07.2007 10:48

Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Event Queue - Functionality ??

Hi All,
I am using event queue .Please guide me how to use the following tab page
of 'Event Queue Administration':
I want to schedule a particular WF twice  in a day,say at 10 am and at 10
pm  everyday,I guess i need to define some settings here in tab page
"Background Job".
In "Backround Job" we have 4 options :
1)Operation mode of background Job : this option is only in display mode
giving dafult value as 1. can I change this value ?
2)Number of events per read access :
3)Time interval between two read accesses :
4)Interval until event queue next checked :

Can anyone help me out with, how to use these 4 options .
and In 'Event Queue Administration' (tcode - SWEQADM), in application tool
bar following functions are disabled :
set default values , undo change , restore ..  Any idea why it is so ??

Many Thanks.

Best Rgds
Priya Sharma
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: priya.sharma at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT000085D6
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

This e-mail, and any attached file(s), is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this message in error,
please notify the UI Information Security Manager at 203-499-3689
and delete this message immediately from any computer. Any
other use, retention, dissemination, retransmission, printing or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.