Read receipt for e-mails sent from a workflow

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Mon Apr 30 09:41:01 EDT 2007

Haha, yes I've been a bit otherwise engaged but hopefully back with a
vengeance :-)

Anyhow, I didn't read your question properly about sending external mails.
That's even worse because different mail clients send different receipt
formats and you'd have to cater for all of them... I'd say you'd be very
lucky to get a 50% success rate. An important antispam measure is not to
let external senders know you received/read their message so you're on an
uphill battle. Perhaps you could include a unique confirmation URL and ask
the customer to click it - a bit of work but likely to give a higher
feedback.

Cheers,
Mike