Reporting Features for SAP

Kisloff, Philip B Philip.Kisloff at astrazeneca.com
Mon Apr 16 09:47:59 EDT 2007

Hi Jake,

I don't think there are any "out-of-the-box" report for your needs, as the standard reports are generally devoid of any context, with just raw times per workitem and user ID. To get around this problem I set up reporting in the Workflow Information System. In 6.40 there is also an option to make each workflow step export summary data to BW, and there was a blog in SDN a while back.

I have only experience with WIS. This tool is going to be deprecated, but was still available in 6.40. It is not an ideal solution, because it only reports completed workflows, but for statistical reporting of performance or workload (think catching idle approvers who always let their inbox deadlines slip for someone else to deal with) it does the job.

Phil