Compensation management Workflow - bus7022 Method CompAdjStatusChange

Veit Unger veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Thu Apr 12 09:59:16 EDT 2007

Hello Chantal,

don't try to change the HR standard coding where it uses sy-uname...

The straight-forward solution in cases like yours is usually turning the
background workflow step into a dialog step.
That is, go to the task definition, delete the tick in the "background
processing" check box. Do the task agent assignment of possible agents,
e.g. set it to general task or something suitable. Back in the workflow
template assign your container element with the approver to the agent
expression.

Of course the user will then have to wait the while it takes to complete
the task...

kind regards,
Veit

--
Dipl. WiInf. Veit Unger
-
veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Telefon: +(49) 170 914 7650
-
SerCon GmbH
Nahmitzer Damm 12 - 12277 Berlin . Germany
c/o IBM Deutschland GmbH
IBM Global Business Services

SerCon Service-Konzepte für Informations-Systeme GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Jörg Schimetzek, Bernhard Settele
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen

Chantal C Spenard <cspenard at ca.ibm.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
12.04.2007 14:59
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Compensation management Workflow - bus7022 Method CompAdjStatusChange

Hello,

I have activated the Compensation Management Workflow (WS01000083) and in
subwork flow WS01000086 (change Compensation Adjustment status) of
workflow template WS01000086 (approval process Compensation Management).
The task used to change the status of compensation adjustments in the
worklist is a background step (Workflow background user) as it may take a
while to complete the task (depending on the size of the worklist).

The disadvantage of this is that you see WF-BATCH as the approver and this
is not acceptable to my client from an audit perspective, he wants to see
the real approver. Therefore, I have created a container in which I keep
the approver user id and I am trying to change the method
CompAdjStatusChange of BUS7022 to use this container instead of SY-UNAME
but so far I have not been successfull. If I understand what is happening,
this method seems to be calling the PA30 transaction to perform the update
and I do not want to change this transation....

Would anybody have a suggestion for me ?

Thanks,
________________________________
Chantal Spénard

Directrice exécutive de projets