Send mail for CATS Approval and pending workitems

prasath natesan prasathnatesan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:42:44 EDT 2006

Hi,
We use approval task TS20000460(approval by superior) for approval of CATS
submitted by an employee. This task sends a mail back to the employee if the
Approval is rejected by the superior. We have 2 more requirements for this
case as follows,

*1. The initiator should receive an e-mail notification when the CATS
submitted by him is approved by the manager.*

For this i have tried to create a custom workflow with a sendmail step. I
have assigned CATS-COMPLETED event as the triggering event for this
workflow. The problem is this event is triggered in both the cases i.e when
the workitem is either Approved or Rejected. I need this workflow to be
triggered only in cases of Approval. I also could not find any container
elements which shows the status as Aprpoved/Rejected.

*2. The Approver should receive a notification in his inbox whenever the
employee submits the time sheets asking him to approve the pending time
sheets weekly.*

For this i think i might be able to use the report RSWUWFML2 and schedule it
on a certain time period to check for pending workitems of task TS20000460
and send notifications. But havent yet tried on this. Is there a better way
to do this? Any tables that get updated based on this?

we are at ECC5.0 with EP6.0

Any help on the above queries will be of great use.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Prasath N