Object attachments

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Tue Sep 12 02:28:30 EDT 2006

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, it's been busy (still is... but sometimes a coder needs a break!)

To get the work item ID, you can use the following code (at least in 4.6C):
* Started from work item?
DATA: t_requester TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF swotobjid,
      l_workitem  TYPE swwwihead-wi_id.
FIELD-SYMBOLS: <requester> LIKE LINE OF t_requester.

CALL FUNCTION 'SWO_QUERY_REQUESTER'
     TABLES
          requester = t_requester
     EXCEPTIONS
          not_found = 1
          OTHERS    = 99.
IF syst-subrc = 0.
  LOOP AT t_requester
       ASSIGNING <requester>
       WHERE objtype = 'WORKITEM'.
    l_workitem = <requester>-objkey.
  ENDLOOP.
ENDIF.

I use this when I want to determine if a method is being executed from a workitem or in some other way (typically to test a method), but you should be able to then either look the task up directly in SWWWIHEAD (this is of course NOT recommended) or by using a WAPI method or the object type workitem (... actually not). If you just want the task type the WAPI function SAP_WAPI_GET_HEADER is probably your easiest solution. There you get SWR_WIHDR-WI_RH_TASK which answers your question.

The problem with the other suggested solution (binding) may be that the binding occurs before the work item has been formed (committed to the database). I had that problem when I wanted to set a latest end deadline depending on work item creation time.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil OFT GBS BAS DEV SAP