Administrator comments to workflow log

Martin Aldrich Martin.Aldrich at capetown.gov.za
Tue Oct 31 11:17:06 EST 2006

Hi All,

My approach is not to build too much tracking into the workflow itself -
if any update can be done in the application document this is preferable
to trying to build it into the workflow. In principle it means that you
will have a underlying business object to update. Manual steps relevant
to active workflows should fire a terminating event which should also be
recognized by the workflow in order to cancel/complete the workflow/step
in an orderly fashion. At one of my clients, workflow has gotten a bad
name precisely because of the tendency of workflows to be somewhat
isolated from the actual application document - manual changes to
documents are not picked up by the workflow and the workflows do not
build on existing functional strengths.

Regards,

Martin