Transport of workflows (WS) backwards from 640 to 4.6C?

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 04:35:58 EST 2006

Hi Viveka,

Your list is handy though as it sums up pretty much all of the important
Workflow database tables that SAP changed to allow Workflow to become
Webflow and support ABAP Classes, like the XML object used by XI.

The most common change was to add Object Class (I forget the actual field
name) so that the tables could support more than just BOR Objects. The
sneaky little 'BO' value that appears in SWDD (and the drop down field
behind it) is the most obvious telltale evidence of the change for anyone
seeing it for the first time, at least I thought so anyway.

Obviously SAP had to recreate a lot of tables to make the changes backwards
compatible so as to avoid screwing up existing implementations (like ours)
that make use of the 'old' tables directly and smooth the upgrade process.

By the way your list has saved me a lot of effort in preparing an impact
assessment for an upgrade we are considering from 4.6C to 6.40. Now I have a
shortlist of tables to peek at so thanks very much : )

MGT