SRM 4.0 (EBP 5.0) - Line Item SC approval, Completion required for new Line

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:36:14 EST 2006

G'day Sue,

It is indeed. OSS some times seems to choke a bit, and it may well turn up
again tomorrow.

See below for the limited detail it offers.

Also heard an interesting rumour on the grapevine yesterday. In the next
version of SRM ( 6.0 ) they are getting rid of n-step BAdI entirely with no
upgrade path. Apparently it will all be configurable. Sounds too good to be
true and I bet it is.

Have fun,
Mark

Symptom

Only after changes are made to the price and the quantity does the requester
receive a work item to accept the changes.

Other terms

WS14500015 LIA, line item based, RESTARTAPPROVALSTEP, TS14508045

Reason and Prerequisites

The line item-based approval workflow is used. The requester is checked only
if an approver has changed the value of the shopping cart.

For changes that do not affect the value, a work item is not created for the
requester. A workflow restart is not requested as described in Note 777133,
but the requester in the current workflow is asked to accept.

Solution

Implement the BBP_WFL_EMPL_WI_BADI BAdI.

   - The BAdI is not provided in the IMG, but if it is activated it is
   successfully called.

           Implement the BAdI using Transactions SE18, SE19.

   - In the CHECK_REQUESTER_WI method you can set the following
   parameters:

           SEND_TO_REQUESTER creates work item for requester

            OVERWRITE_SYST_BEHAVIOUR activates change to the standard
behavior