behaviour & design "advance with dialog" switch

koenraad.janssens@arcelor.com koenraad.janssens at arcelor.com
Wed Nov 15 05:13:07 EST 2006

Hello

First of all we did some experimenting with the advance with dialog
switch.  Some parts of the sap help indicate that this switch has it's
effect on the next task however we see that it has it's effect on the task
it is activated (or deactivated) on.  Does somebody know if this behaviour
been changed between the various releases?

(we are on 620)

The reason we've been tinkering with it is the following: We have an
(older) task in the system where this switch has been activated on and we
wish to deactivate it as it shouldn't start immediately after the previous
task.  However this switch is grayed out in change mode so we are unable
to deactivate it.  The only possible reason (difference with others) we
see is that this task executes an asynchronious method.  Anybody have an
idea how we could manipulate the switch?  (without doing it on table
level)  Does anybody have a logical reason for graying out this field?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Salutations,
Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,
Atentos saludos,
Agur bero bat,

Koenraad Janssens
Sidmar N.V. - ISM
Leverage Team - Programmer
Tel: +32 9 347 35 76
email: koenraad.janssens at arcelor.com
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.
**** =0A=
This message and any attachment are confidential, intended solely for the us=
e of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be protected b=
y professional secrecy or intellectual property rights. =0A=
If you have received it by mistake, or are not the named recipient(s), pleas=
e immediately notify the sender and delete the message. You are hereby notif=
ied that any unauthorized use, copying or dissemination of any or all inform=
ation contained in this message is prohibited. =0A=
Arcelor shall not be liable for the message if altered, falsified, or in cas=
e of error in the recipient. =0A=
This message does not constitute any right or commitment for Arcelor except=
 when expressly agreed otherwise in writing in a separate agreement.  =0A=
****