Moving Workflow Items during Client consolidation

Michael Marten michael.marten at philips.com
Mon Nov 13 03:13:34 EST 2006

Hello,
in our company we will have this situation "Moving Workflow Items during
Client consolidation"
because we will integrate production system A into production system B.
This move will be done on a loooong weekend.

And of course - production system A do have running instances of
workflows.

Solution 1: tell all agents to process their  running instances.
                          This is nearly unrealistic...some workflows live
a long time (e.g. master data phase in) .
Solution 2:
                      I have also no answer yet, but will ask our
migration group what to do here - and I'll keep you informed.
                      The interesting thing is that we want to consolidate
system A and C (and D?)  into system B.
                      So we  must solve it more then once ;-)

Michael