workflow definition - responsible agent

cool_dude2kin cool_dude2kin at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 8 19:51:49 EST 2006

Hi All,
  I have a really dumb question(rather, a clarification) about the usage of 'Organizational Objects'(Organizational unit,position,job,workcenter etc.) in the responsible  agents field in the STEP definition of a workflow.
 I undestand that all the organizational objects form part of application data which is client/system dependent.This means,when the workflow is transported to other systems,the workflow may not work correctly because these org objects may not exist in the target system.So what's the point of specifying this application data in the workflow definition ?! . I feel it's best to leave the values for organization object as blank in DEV system, and then use 'Workflow customizing' to assign the organization objects in the traget system.

Pls advice if you agree with me or excuse this ignorant fellow workflower.........

Thanks,
Kiran.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre