Workflow log - restrict access

Neil Thomas dneilthomas at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:32:20 EDT 2006

HI Gavin,

Had a similiar issue implementing a HR Sickness Absence workflow and for
obvious reasons wanted to restrict the information within the workflow log.
We were on a 4.6C system and we could not find a way of restricting the
entire log to certain groups of users.
What we did use, after advice from Jocelyn Dart, was that standard security
profiles and structural auths limited the information people see within work
items long description but NOT the short desciption.  So we has pretty
generic/high level short text and the more meaningful info was in the long
description.

Hope this helps.

On 5/25/06, Gavin Mooney <gavinmooney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We would like to limit users' access to the workflow log so that only
> approved users can access it, and even then they can only see it for
> certain workflow templates. For example the finance team would only
> have access to display the log for "the finance workflows" (a group we
> would define).
>
> I have seen authorization object S_WF_WI but I don't think it helps us
> in this case. Has anyone faced this requirement before or have any
> ideas? We're on 620.
>
> Thanks,
> Gavin

Best Regards,