Work Items in are 'In Process'

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Tue May 23 11:06:53 EDT 2006

Hi Alon,
You are correct, it should pick up background steps that are still in
status STARTED after a hardcoded 30 minutes.

However it doesn't change the status, but it will send a mail to the WF
administrator informing them of an item remaining in process. Presumably
this was designed so it won't abort items that take longer -
particularly with RFC-type WIs, they can be delayed in a TRFC queue or
whatever - in which case you don't want them to error.

For this reason I recommend a WF admin to also run a SWI1 to look for
incomplete BG tasks over a day old maybe once a week to make sure they
haven't missed any mails.

Cheers,
Mike