OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu May 18 19:17:58 EDT 2006

Dear WUG,

We are on 4.7 (Basis 6.2). I have a 'writeoff approval' workflow where a
clearing document is created, and its document number is returned.

I want to _instantiate_ this object in the workflow container, so that
users can navigate from the clearing document to the workflow (via object
services).

To achieve this, I have added an extra step to the workflow, which calls
the method SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE. This method is (allegedly!) able to
instantiate any object, given the object type and key.

However, the workflow keeps going into error, with the following message:

      "OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined".

Binding seems to be working ok: I checked that the document number is in
the workitem's
container. The BOR object type is CA_DOC.

What am I missing... Has anyone gotten SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE it to
work?

cheers
Paul

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.