Express mails and UWL

SAP_WUG@acdi-cida.gc.ca SAP_WUG at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Thu May 18 14:12:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

Email messages usually do not appear in UWL, that is for work items only,
for us emails go to the user's Lotus Notes account, in which we insert a
link, to bring them to the UWL if they have a work item to execute.

|         |           "Shipp, Anthony"  |
|         |           <anthony.shipp at log|
|         |           icacmg.com>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mi|
|         |           t.edu             |
|         |           2006-05-18 12:41  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "SAP Workflow     |
|         |           Users' Group"     |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      <sap-wug at mit.edu>                                                                                             |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: Express mails and UWL                                                                                         |

All,

I have written a bespoke workflow where the last step is to send an express
mail to the workflow initiator. The workflow is processed via the portal.

i.e. user a execute a transaction from the portal which starts the workflow
      user b approves the work item from the UWL and this sends an express
mail to user a
     user a cannot view the express mail in the UWL but it is in their R3
inbox.

My question is should that express mail be viewable in the UWL?? if so,
does anybody know what I am doing wrong??

many thanks

anthony shipp