Adhoc agent assignment

PEOU Tom T Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au
Mon May 15 20:30:11 EDT 2006

Hi Ram,

What you want to do is create a task with a popup dialog step that
prompts the Approver to add other agents (approvers) and store them into
a container for use in your other steps.
To do this:
1. Create a task of Object = DECISION and Method = PROCESS. The name of
this task will be used as the description in your popup dialog step.
Record the Task Number.
2. In your main Object, create a new method (eg. Add_Approvers).
3. Your method parameters should be the Number of Agents to export. This
is Static, so you will need to know roughly how many approvers are to be
added. The agents should be WFSYST-AGENT.
4. You might want to add a selection return ok parameter of type
FIST-OPER.
5. In the program for the method, define your task (from step 1) as a
constant - This will create your popup box:
    CONSTANTS: k_general_task TYPE rhobjects-object VALUE 'TS92000146'.
6. Then instantiate the object type WF_TASK , using swc_create_object.
    Ensure that Select Multiple is set:
    swc_set_element container 'SelectMultiple' 'X'.
7. Now call method 'Dispatch' (Display and Select Agent) from object
WF_TASK to read in the agents entered from step 5.
8. Check to see how many agents are selected.
9. Check to see if the 'US' is placed in front of the agent ID, if not,
then add 'US'.
10. Now just export out the agents to your parameters.
11. Use this method in a new task for your workflow.

I hope that helps. There maybe a better, quicker way to do it, but this
is one method.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Peou
Workflow & ESS Administrator
Roads & Traffic Authority

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, Approver should be able to add additional
approvers after he approves his workitem.

I don't think I can use decision step since current
approver will identify additional approvers based on
the trip data.

Regards,
Ram.

--- PEOU Tom T <Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au

> Hi Ram,
>
> "Additional Approvers By the Approver"? Do you want
> the approver that
> received the work item to add other approvers? They
> can forward the work
> item for another agent to approve.
> Or did you want to incorporate a multi-step
> approval? If so, then you
> will just need to create another decision step. The
> approver for this
> step will need to be defined by you.
> You can still use the Agent assignment of 'Superior
> of Workflow
> Initiator', but you just have to modify the
> bindings. Org_Object should
> be the last work item executed by user.
> Otherwise, you can set up a standard role to
> determine the approvers to
> receive the work item. Or create a sub-workflow to
> handle approver
> determination.
>

> Tom Peou
> Workflow & ESS Administrator
> Roads & Traffic Authority
>

> Hi All,
>
> I have a requirement to add the functionality of
> adding "additional approvers by the approver" in the
> travel and expenses approval custom workflow(4.6c
> release).
> Can we do this by using standard Ad hoc agent
> assignment?. But based on the SAP online help, I
> think
> this feature is only for the person who triggers the
> workflow, not for the approvers during the approval
> process.
>
> I'll appreciate if someone could give some ideas to
> get the functionality.
>
> Regards,
> Ram.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.