Event type linkage de-actived

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Tue May 9 08:20:20 EDT 2006

Couldn't agree more! Never use deactivation as the default.

Perhaps there is another case where it could be useful (on the specific event). I have never really given this much thought previously.

I don't have any experience with this myself, but assume there is a high-volume application where all will fail if one fails (i.e. failure is not depending on event-specific data), e.g. because a required connection to another system is down. Wouldn't that mean a lot of administration (restarting or logical deleting) could be avoided by disabling the event linkage when it fails?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ BAS DEV SAP