E-Recruitment (300) WF in ECC5.0 (640)

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:51:08 EST 2006

G'day all,

Can anyone provide advice around the set up required to get the standard WFs
for Processing an E-Rec Requisition working (WS51800008)?

My E-Rec consultant believes they have set up everything necessary. The
basis boys believe they have maintained the technical internet settings and
activated the BSPs. I've ensured that all the Workflows linkages are
activated and tasks are general. However when a Requistion is created and
'Forward' is selected (apparently the trigger for the process) nothing
happens.

The events ERC_OBJECT.CREATED and ERC_OBJECT.STATUSCHANGED both get raised
and trigger WS51900008 and WS51900005 respectively. Both of these flows are
for object types other than NB (requisition) and as such do nothing (really
should be a start condition preventing their start, but that's another
story).

The desired event  ERC_REQUI.APPROVALREQUESTED is not raised and WS51800008
is not triggered.

There is nothing in SM58. Nothing in ST22. Nothing in SM13. Nothing in SM21.

SLG1 (Application Logs) do show some entries (mostly relating to User links
to Candidates) although not sufficiently in sync for me to believe they are
very meaningful. There were issues with WF-BATCH not being linked to a
Candidate although this has been resolved (as crazy as the requirement seems
to me).

All OSS notes that we can find which offer the steps necessary to set up
E-Rec have been followed.

Reading the help again prior to sending this message I noted that the WF
will only start if the raising user does not have sufficient access to
perform the action without approval. I've checked that the user being tested
with is associated with the recommended Role SAP_RCF_REQUISITION_REQUESTER
which according to the doco I've seen exists for this purpose.

Does anyone know what might be needed to get this thing to fire off?

Many thanks for reading this far!
Mark