How to "archive" an approver fo 10 years - but the workflow instance has a retention period of 6 month?

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Fri Mar 24 15:15:34 EST 2006

Hello Michael,
you can store this type of information (automatically too, if you want) in
a note appended to the image (scanned invoice). I assume you are using
some kind of document archive (external optical archive, content server
etc).
The information will then be available via a viewer which includes a note
fascility (SAP ECL viewer, external viewers such as ixos, etc) as long as
the image is available; 5, 10, 15 years - whatever you like.
(The image is attached to the SAP business document and can be presented
via the GOS function "Attachment list".

Kind regards
Viveka

Michael Marten <michael.marten at philips.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2006-03-24 18:55
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
How to "archive" an approver fo 10 years - but the workflow instance has a
retention period of 6 month?

Hello workflowers,
if
 I designed a workflow e.g. with a step to be done by an approver (e.g.
approve an incoming and then scanned invoice),
 the instances of this workflow run and run,
 I can check within these instances which approver actually approved the
step,
 and completed workflow instances (and all there related steps) are
archived (means deleted) after a retention period of 6 month.

How can I report for 10 years which actual agent has approved an object?
Is there a standard SAP "trick"?
Michael on SAP V4.6B and in test with ECC 5.0 :-)