How to "archive" an approver fo 10 years - but the workflow instance has a retention period of 6 month?

Michael Marten michael.marten at philips.com
Fri Mar 24 12:55:40 EST 2006

Hello workflowers,
if
 I designed a workflow e.g. with a step to be done by an approver (e.g.
approve an incoming and then scanned invoice),
 the instances of this workflow run and run,
 I can check within these instances which approver actually approved the
step,
 and completed workflow instances (and all there related steps) are
archived (means deleted) after a retention period of 6 month.

How can I report for 10 years which actual agent has approved an object?
Is there a standard SAP "trick"?
Michael on SAP V4.6B and in test with ECC 5.0 :-)