Workitem Execute Error "Service Cannot be reached"

sankhadip.dutta@tcs.com sankhadip.dutta at tcs.com
Tue Mar 21 04:49:43 EST 2006

Hi,

We are running ECC5.0 on ERP2004 with WAS640. We have created HR users
and assigned it to SAP_ESSUSER role(containing ESS Services) in ECC,
that role is also available in EP. So, whenever the user logs into EP ,
he is automatically logged into ECC Server.

We have created workflows and sending it to ESS inbox (BWSP) in EP. But
whenever we are trying to execute the workitem from EP, Getting
error "Service cannot be reached".

I am giving the URL which is being called:

http://tskysap3:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/?
~service=WS04200009&~multiinstanceservices=0&~cookies=1&~client=250&~language=EN&~exitURL=/sap/public/bc/its/mimes/BWSP/99/exit.htm&WI_ID=396112&WEB_FLAG=X&CALLINGSERVICE=BWSP&~OKCode=CONT&~ret_url=/sap
(cz1TSUQlM2FBTk9OJTNhdHNreXNhcDNfREVWXzAwJTNhMDYtMDRTbjduc0FsaTRXYmpjRng1VGp5ZFRuVW9kY3JFSEVZWF9wVy1BVFQ=)/bc/gui/sap/its/BWSP/~flNUQVRFPTM3NTEuMDA2LjAzLjA4====?~target=_parent

Pls notice that it is not taking the servic name(here it is: WS04200009)If
I open it in another window with the service name after /gui/its it
works fine. i.e. the link below works fine..

http://tskysap3:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/WS04200009?
~service=WS04200009&~multiinstanceservices=0&~cookies=1&~client=250&~language=EN&~exitURL=/sap/public/bc/its/mimes/BWSP/99/exit.htm&WI_ID=396112&WEB_FLAG=X&CALLINGSERVICE=BWSP&~OKCode=CONT&~ret_url=/sap
(cz1TSUQlM2FBTk9OJTNhdHNreXNhcDNfREVWXzAwJTNhMDYtMDRTbjduc0FsaTRXYmpjRng1VGp5ZFRuVW9kY3JFSEVZWF9wVy1BVFQ=)/bc/gui/sap/its/BWSP/~flNUQVRFPTM3NTEuMDA2LjAzLjA4====?~target=_parent

Only the difference is the servicename after /gui/its/...

Can you pls suggest, is there any config problem in EP/ESS or any
service need to be published etc...
Pls reply.

Regards,
Sankhadip

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you