Forms - field limitations

Gavin Mooney gavinmooney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 17:19:20 EST 2006

Hi WF-ers,

We're on 620.

I'm trying to create a form which will include a number of text fields
for different people to enter their comments. The fields need to be
big to allow room for plenty of comments, however using the form step
wizard the maximum length permitted seems to be around 150 characters.
  I was hoping to make the fields multi-line too (i.e. narrower than
the full page width but a few lines deep) but it seems with the screen
painter that input fields can only be single line. Am I missing
something or does anybody know any ways around this?

Also - before the form is sent to the first person, some of the fields
(client name, number, etc) need to be filled out by the workflow.
Using the binding editor I can't access individual fields of the form
structure, only the whole thing. What options (other than writing a
method) are there for filling out these fields? Maybe a programmed
binding on the form step?

Many thanks,
Gavin