Workflow in Multiple Languages

Antonio, Bryan bryan.antonio at tycoelectronics.com
Fri Mar 10 16:53:02 EST 2006

Hello All Workflow Gurus,

Has anyone implemented a Workflow for multiple languages? If yes, have
you guys encountered getting corrupted output in MS Outlook that was
sent by your Workflow? I'm currently struggling on our asian-language
translated text. We're in 4.7 using multicode page. I store translated
text in different Standard Texts. This is then called in the custom
attribute of the BOR. The custom attribute from the BOR is inserted in
my standard task (using the SENDTASKDESCRIPTION to send the email). In
the BOR, I validate the language key of purchase requisition (created or
updated). I've coded the custom attribute to call the LOAD_TEXT function
module to get standard text matching the language key of the
requisition. All is well in R/3 until I get the email in outlook and
text is corrupted. I've traced the Workflow, debugged the BOR, debug the
function modules LOAD_TEXT and other function modules relating to
sending emails, reading standard texts and reading workitems. No luck. I
asked our basis team to change the language key, communication language,
etc. of WF-BATCH. Still no luck. I found OSS note 891526 (it was
specific to deadlines, but I gave it a shot). Still no luck. The
standard texts in tradition chinese, simplified chinese and japanese all
get corrupted in outlook. I've also looked into our outlook settings.
Yes, we can send and receive emails in those languages.

Any help, suggestion/s, comment/s are very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bryan