Restricting agent types when forwarding a wi from inbox (SBWP) - 4.6C and ECC 5.0

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Thu Mar 9 07:34:39 EST 2006

Hello Mark,

thank you very much for your input.  Yes, it seems like at least one
development request will be needed in this area.

I'll try to clarify the background for my request :

The range of possible agents in our process is quite huge, almost all
users in the system should be a possible agent and it is desired to be
able to forward from the SBWP inbox. Since we want to keep the maintenance
simple we have therefore defined the tasks as "General with forwarding
allowed".

My client is maintaining  the HR "mini master data" for all employees due
to the usage of time reporting within PS/PP.
However, they are not maintaining infotype "Communication" (0105) in which
it is possible to assign a userID to the employee record.
Some "creative" users have found out that if they press "Additional
selections" in the forward pop-up, they will be able to select Person
(agent type P) and then search for the correct receiver of the forward via
the employee match code instead.
The standard forward mechanism does not control whether a userID is
assigned or not to the selected object.  This is the same when selecting a
position; it is possible to select a position for which no userID is
assigned.

What happens is, of course, that the work item gets forwarded but noone
can see the work item in their inbox. For the forwarder everything seems
to be ok.
So what we need to do is to run the SWI2_ADM1 report in order to find all
wi:s without agents and then manually re-forward them to the userID
instead.

Therefore, the simplest way would be to block the agent type P, since no
userID can be derived from it anyway when running workflows.

Any other ideas on how to restrict the agent types in the forward
situation ?

Kind regards
Viveka

"Mark Pyc" <mark.pyc at gmail.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2006-03-09 10:02
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Restricting agent types when forwarding a wi from inbox (SBWP) - 4.6C
and ECC 5.0

G'day Viveka,

At this stage I don't think you have much control over forwarding
other than limiting forwarding to Possible Agents (General Forwarding
Not Allowed).

There have been numerous requests for more control, often by me. My
typical requirement is to limit forwarding agents to be within the
same Company Code for example.

Jocelyn Dart did send out a query a while ago to see if anyone had
developed a custom solution in the absence of a BAdI or equivalent.
There wasn't any response from memory, but hopefully SAP is looking to
deliver something... Jocelyn?

All I can suggest is that everyone raises it as a development request
and hopefully something gets done.

Have fun,
Mark