Workflow Stops without error in background task status ready

Kjetil Kilhavn (KJETILK) KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Mar 8 05:51:20 EST 2006

We have R/3 4.6C but used to have a similar problem. Now all problems have disappeared, but one reason some tasks stopped was language problems. A message was to be sent as part of the method (in fact it used RSWUWFML2 to send notifications for a single work item), and the message text had not been translated. The background work items then stopped. However, we had entries in SM58 (for WORKFLOW_LOCAL*) for these problems.

Although you can't find anything in SM58, you could perhaps check whether language can be the problem, or at least go into more detail about what the particular background task does - I assume it is always the same task that stops.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ BAS DEV SAP