Workflow Stops without error in background task status ready

NICKLAS, Christian christian.nicklas at ser.de
Wed Mar 8 04:46:48 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have implemented a workflow running on ERP-Release ECC 5.0 (SAP_BASIS
640; Patch Level 0009; SAPKB64009; SAP Basis Component).

When testing the solution sometimes the workflow stops without any error
in background tasks. This happens in different background tasks from
time to time and in other runs it works.

At the workflow log the status of the background task is in status
ready. The information at the task says "Execution will continue in
background" (Message no. SWF_RUN609).

There is no error in the log. In ST22 no dump exists. Also the
administrative tasks (SWPR - Restart after error / SWPC - Restart after
SystemCrash) are not possible. SWU_OBUF also does not work.

The only thing which I found was in transaction SWI1_COND. For the task
there is no agent available in the agent column (should be
workflow-system)?

When I process and reactivate the workitem in transaction SWIA the flow
goes on. (WF_BATCH has SAP_ALL / SAP_NEW)

Any ideas and help are appreciated.

Christian Nicklas | Prof. Services SAP Workflow
SER Solutions Deutschland GmbH