SRM 4.0 SC Completion/Approval sequence & EU directive Article 32

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 06:56:05 EST 2006

G'day Wuggers,

The general recommendation (and the only way I've seen implemented) is
to invoke the Buyer Completion WF for incomplete carts prior to
Financial Approval. My current client is contemplating reversing this
order so that Financial Approval will be confirmed before the buying
group will be involved in completeing the cart.

I understand that this will bring in the potential for changes at a
late stage which will cause the cart to run back round the Financial
Approval loop.

Has anyone implemented such a scenario? What comments do you offer?

I believe this desire has come as a result from the client previous
experience in EBP 3.5 whereby incomplete carts were approved and then
sent to the ECC/R3 backend as a requisition. Therefore buyer
completion took place in the form of conversion from PReq to PO. In
the new solution the intention is to perform buyer completion in SRM
so that all carts are transfered as PO's. So although they are
implementing a new process the desire is to keep the basic sequence of
Approval prior to Buyer Completion.

FYI - The intention is to use Classic rather than Extended Classic.

Any comments??

Somewhat less technically WF, has anyone implemented SRM Purchasing
which handles EU Article 32 compliance for Public Purchasing?? This
directive requires a mini-tender process where framework orders exist
for the same Good or Service with multiple vendors. The proposed
solution here is simply to invoke the Buyer Completion WF even though
the cart will be technically complete.

Again, any comments warmly welcomed.

Have fun,
Mark