Calling a BSP App from the UWL - What is required?

Mark Rodrigues mark.rodrigues at supply-chain.com.au
Mon Mar 6 19:02:11 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to call a BSP application using workflow from the UWL. We are
using ECC5.0(ERP2004) and EP6.0.

I have setup a Std Task to call method EXTSRV:PROCESS and in the task
container I have the parameters that the BSP is expecting.

I have set the task as BSP_Standard is transaction SWFVISU. The
visualisation parameters I have set as follows:
APP_PATH: sap/bc/bsp/sap/yfi_aa_b_req
CONFIRM: {Balnk}
SYSTEM_ALIAS: SAP_R3_Financials

I could not find any documentation on what these parameters should be so I
have taken an educated guess.

I re-registered the tasks in the Portal UWL but no XML was generated for the
task.

After the first attempt, I had HTML SAPGui open with a generic screen
stating that the workitem is in process, but there is no sign of the BSP
application. This gave no clues.
The BSP developer made some changes to their application and the next
message was along the lines of :
    HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read.

I need to confirm that there is no other Portal Content Directory
configuration required with respect to the Launcher/Handler in the portal.

Also that the setting for the visualisation parameters are correct:
Eg.
APP_PATH "Complete path to the BSP Application"
CONFIRM "Flag to show a confirm end of step button"
SYSTEM_ALIAS "The ECC System alias defined in the portal"

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark Rodrigues