Workflow Programming Exit -> Don't know how to get an exception triggered by a business object method.

Munzert, Michel Michel.Munzert at ids-scheer.com
Thu Jun 22 11:17:43 EDT 2006

Hello,

[initial situation]
I'm using a programming exit to write an additional user-friendly log. Therefore I have written an ABAP-class with the interface IF_SWF_IFS_WORKITEM_EXIT. This class has a method (event_raised) where I can implement my coding for the user-friendly logging. There I have two parameters:
IM_EVENT_NAME    Importing    Type    SWW_EVTTYP
IM_WORKITEM_CONTEXT    Importing    Type Ref To    IF_WAPI_WORKITEM_CONTEXT

Through the parameter IM_WORKITEM_CONTEXT I have access to the most of basic data of the workitem.... The second parameter describes the moment when the programming exit will be passed through. In my case the moment "AFT_EXEC" is important!

[problem]
The method of an business object is raising an exception (exit_return 9001 space space space space). Now, I want to know whether an exception was raised or not. If so, I need the exception parameters to write my log.

I tried already a lot including many function modules who are able to read the workitem data (e.g. SWW_WI_RETURN_READ, SWL_WI_READ, SWL_WI_HEADER_READ, SWL_WI_RESULTS_READ). At the moment after execution I'm not able to get the exception through this function modules. After I left debugging mode and the workitem is completed I can look up the exception in table swwwiret. But unfortunately that's to late ;-) .

Does anybody know to to get this running?

Greetings
Michel Munzert
Developer/Consultant