Recalc of agents at deadline - use of local events

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:25:03 EDT 2006

G'day Alon,

I didn't think FLOWITEM was going to cause me a problem as _WORKITEM has the
instance of the overall workflow. Raising the event works fine however it
seems that timing is an issue. It fails to create an entry in SWEINST and
therefore the event goes without reaction. I guess at the point when it's
adding the SWEINST entry it must not yet have assigned an instance value to
FLOWITEM, which I can understand. A pity though, it could have been a thing
of beauty.

Still, does anyone know if you can use local events?

I've since found another post from Jocelyn in 2003 that suggets that adding
an event to the primary object of the flow is the way forward. This does
work, but just doesn't seem as clean as it could be.

Have fun,
Mark