Relase process triggering

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:00:38 EDT 2006

G'day Magnus,

It's an application/functional question as to whether it's possible to allow
a batch user to make changes without the need for re-release, i.e. without
the document becoming blocked - I doubt it.

What is possible though is that you can determine in WF if the changing
agent was dialog or batch and in the case of batch perform an automatic
release. This way there is no need for user involvement, and you don't need
to try and do anything fancy with your release proceedures.

You would either have forked logic in the one flow or two separate flows
with a start-condition based on the changing user type.

Have fun,
Mark