"Posted By" user in Document Parking Workflow

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Mon Jul 31 10:43:52 EDT 2006

Hello Lee,
Yes it should be perfectly acceptable to auditors, otherwise they need
educating.

It is also sensible: one reason for implementing WF is the audit trail
that it provides. Forget the posted by field. Some companies are a bit
wary, but the fact of the matter is that the WF log provides far more
information than 'posted by'.

It also provides better security and tighter controls: The authoriser
needn't have any security auth to post a document. i.e. they can ONLY
'post' what workflow sends them by means of the decision.

If you really need a userID (some companies sadly still insist), you can
create a copy of the method/task and flag it as 'dialog', advance in
dialog after a decision will then post it under the authoriser's ID. Be
aware that you now have to give posting auth to anyone who authorises....

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers,
Mike