Message no. OL 826 - EMPLOYEET Not Instantiated

Tom Peou tompeou at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 03:47:41 EDT 2006

Dear Jocelyn,

You are absolutely correct!
Structural Authorisations has reared it's ugly head once again.
The big question is: The Structural Auth appears to be working fine -
the approver has all necessary authorisations to access the
requestor's details - And the approver can view all the employee's
details on the work item. So I am not sure why there is problem after
the Decision is made and stops at the Send Email step.

But delving further, I did find that this company has not setup
WF-BATCH with SAP-ALL Authority. Instead there is a number of
intricate roles and authorities assigned to WF-BATCH - I am thinking
that this may be the root cause of the problem.

However, I have found a way around all of this now without modifying
structural auths or other roles/authorities - and my Workflow finally
works!

FYI - I've just modified the container operation in the Workflow.
Instead of reading in the the instance of EMPLOYEET each time I need
the requestor details, USR01 records for user ID, etc... All I did was
create a container at the start of the Workflow for each object or
specific attribute I needed and then passed these containers directly
into the bindings. It Works!! Silly me, I should have thought of this
earlier.

But a big thanks for everyone's input... It did help to arrive at the solution.

Kind regards,
Tom

-----

Sounds like HR Structural authorisations strikes again.

Check which user was being used at that point in the workflow - they
may not have access to view that employee.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.