Unable to Trigger Workflow with Start Event

Joanne Johnson JoanneJohnson at jo-annstores.com
Wed Jul 19 13:58:11 EDT 2006

Hello fellow WUG's,

I am having trouble getting my workflow to trigger using a start event.  I have a simple workflow that should trigger when a FI document with a document type of KH gets created.  I am using BOR BKPF and created a subtype ZBKPF which I delegated to BKPF.  This subtype contains a variety of custom methods and attributes.   This problem is very similar to a SDN problem described "Workflow - BOR BKPF" by Rajesh Vankadaru on 1/17/06.  Using the information in this topic, I had OSS Note 336305 applied.  When I had this note applied to our sandbox environment, it fixed the problem.  However, when it was applied to our dev environment, it did not.  Interestingly, our sandbox environment is at service level SAPKB62058 while our dev env is at SAPKB62030.  There are no plans to put any of the svc packs in another env for quite a while.  (Our appl is SAPKH47015 in all environments.) I can get the workflow to trigger manually using trans SWUE so this tells me that the event linkage is ok.  It also works ok when I test it within Workflow Builder.  I've tried running a trace but it doesn't appear in the trace. The workflow I originally created in sandbox to experiment with used BKPF as the BO on the Start Event and this worked.  However, I have tried both BKPF and ZBKPF in the dev env.  Neither work.  When I try BKPF as the object, I get a binding error between the event and the workflow which says "The object types '[BO.BKPF]' (source) and '[BO.ZBKPF]' (target) are not compatible".  I did not get this error in sandbox.  I checked the object type on the container element for ZBKPF and it has BOR ZBKPF.  If I try to change it to BOR BKPF, I get all kinds of binding errors between the workflow and tasks.  What's causing the compatibility error? What am I missing here?  I am a relatively new workflow person so I'm not sure where else to check.  Thanks for the help. Joanne Johnson