wshandler - login configuration in QA/PRD system

Dan Black Dan.Black at odfl.com
Tue Jul 18 15:25:40 EDT 2006

I've gone back through the archives and I see numerous posts explaining that a login needs to be associated with the wshandler service to stop the authentication pop-up on every HTTP request.  I added a Communication User login/password to wshandler and have successfully written a workflow application that integrates an external web dialog service into the workflow with callbacks and the whole nine yards... at least it runs well in the DEV system.

The problem facing me now is how to get the login/password configured for the wshandler in the QA and PRD system.

Our Basis team executed the WF_HANDCUST transaction an generated the launch, callback, and callback dialog handlers (based on the standard path to wshandler) on the QA system.  We did this manually, since apparently these are not transportable from the DEV system, plus the port numbers are different.

So now we have the handlers.  Next, using SICF, we select the WebFlow wshandler service to put in the client number, login and password, but the system warns us about making repairs to SAP namespace objects.  We click through that and then it prompts for a transport.  This is puzzling and stops us because we will not transport from the QA system... only from the DEV system.

So Basis went in and supposedly changed the QA system such that it is not supposed to prompt for transports, yet is does anyway.  Is there a trick to this that I can pass along to my Basis guys, or did we do something wrong.  Perhaps there another approach altogether for putting the login info in on QA and PRD systems?

I started looking at the possiblility of using an external alias.  Is this a rabbit trail, or will this work?  I tried creating one and it did not work, but I wonder if I did something wrong on that too.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Daniel Black
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.