Issue with compensation approval in UWL

Alexis Collins Alexis.Collins at Halliburton.com
Tue Jan 31 16:00:39 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this very annoying problem.  We
are using a custom version of WS21300038 - Web-Approval Process Comp.
Adjustments.  Last year we used this and it worked beautifully.  This
year, I activated the WF in our test environment, but the web approval
step through UWL is not working properly.  When the approving manager
clicks on the item to approve, the iview pulls back all of the approving
manager's people and not the people submitted for approval by the
lower-level manager.  In essence, the approval screen seems to be
working just like the comp planning screen would for the approving
manager - it's using the view ID rather than the work list to call the
employees.  The Approve and Reject buttons are there, but when the
manager clicks them, the WF does not recognize that the work item has
been approved.

Just for fun, I deactivated my custom WF and activated the standard WF
and got the same results.  It has been a year since we used this, and
(of course) a ton of development has been done in the portal since then,
but we did not touch the approval iview
(com.sap.pct.hcm.wcpmain.approval).

Can anyone give me some direction as to what to look at next?  I'm sure
it's something stupid, but I'm at a loss at this point!

TIA,

Alexis Collins

IT-Application Services

Direct: 281-575-3980

Mobile: 832-746-1919

Alexis.Collins at Halliburton.com <mailto:Alexis.Collins at Halliburton.com>

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.