Workflow reporting

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Fri Jan 27 08:38:34 EST 2006

Hi Akshay,

How long is a piece of string? That question is all but meaningless. Your
value should relate to how often you archive (The report Kjetil mentions
is helpful to answer that question), and what your workflows do.
Interestingly, that report is no longer in any menu path after 4.6x. It's
still around in 620, but no longer maintained. Draw your own conclusions.

If you have a WF on the back of an order and your company handles 50000
orders in a day is that a high load?
Yes, if you are running on a single Windows DB & App server;
No, if you have a farm of 60 machines serving up a 50ms response time.

The real questions are can your system cope? is it efficient? Are your
users getting a good response time? What is probably more important is any
CHANGE in values over time enabling you to plan ahead.

Cheers
Mike Pokraka
Senior Consultant
Workflow Connections Ltd.