Workflow substitutes in a multi SAP system component lanscape

jerry martinek jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca
Thu Jan 26 12:04:06 EST 2006

Hi Mikko,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately at the momment, in our system it doesn't work as you described it. I've tried the things that worked for you but in my case it didn't work. The only time I could get the workitem to appear in the substitutes UWL view is when the substitute relationship was created in the backend system.

You appear to be running an earlier version of the portal than we have. We're running Netweaver 2004S (RUNW04S) which is slightly newer. Is anyone else running this version?

As we are a rampup site, I'm going to report this to OSS.

Thanks,
Jerry

------=_Part_20367_31504036.1138259058106

Hi Jerry,

I think you have got the wrong information, UWL substitute management does
link to the backend substitutions and maintains them beautifully in the
lates versions. I verified this by testing an EP6.0 SP14/ECC5.0 system and
after maintaining the substitutions of person A in the portal, A:s work
items were displayed without any problems in person B:s Business Workplace
in the ECC system.

With regards to the substitute management updating multiple backends, I
wasn't able to test this fully but I put in a screenshot from the substitut=
maintenance screen (attached) which implies that multiple backends can be
updated. So I would with 99% certainty say that yes, it's possible too.

I haven't actually done the UWL systems config here but I think there's
nothing else to it regarding substitutions than configuring the systems.
Substitution rules can also be maintained in the backend system.

Hope this helps,
Mikko

On 1/26/06, jerry martinek <jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need some help trying to understand and figure out how to best proceed
> with a recommendation/solution for defining workflow substitutes in a new
> SAP installation that includes the following components: Netweaver 2004S,
> EP6,  SRM5 and ERP 2005.
>
> The client is planning to rollout various ESS, MSS, ERP and SRM workflows
> throughout the organization and use the UWL for all workflow scenarios.
>
> Being new to the portal and UWL, I been reading and trying different
> things with respect to maintaining substitutes in the ERP and SRM systems=
 as
> well as the UWL.
>
> I've figured out that the UWL substitute processing is not linked to the
> ERP and SRM functionality. This means that anyone responsible for approva=
ls
> will need to log into the ERP system and define the required personal
> substitutes in the Workflow Inbox and then repeat the same process in the
> SRM Approval tab.
>
> If the above is the only way to define substitutes, then the process will
> not be met with open arms for all sorts of reasons.
>
> As I'm new to these new SAP components, am I missing something? There is =
> simple solution to defining substitutes in this type of a system landscap=
> or do you need to build something to provide the required/desired single
> entry point for both systems.
>
> Also, what do the UWL substitutes provide?
>
> Regards,
> Jerry

------=_Part_20367_31504036.1138259058106

ment does link to the backend substitutions and maintains them beautifully =
in the lates versions. I verified this by testing an EP6.0 SP14/ECC5.0 syst=
em and after maintaining the substitutions of person A in the portal, A:s w=
ork items were displayed without any problems in person B:s Business Workpl=
ace in the ECC system.
I wasn't able to test this fully but I put in a screenshot from the substit=
ute maintenance screen (attached) which implies that multiple backends can =
be updated. So I would with 99% certainty say that yes, it's possible too.
s nothing else to it regarding substitutions than configuring the systems. =
Substitution rules can also be maintained in the backend system.</div>

jerry martinek</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca">jerry.m=
artinek at shawbiz.ca</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Hi All,<br><br>I need some help =
trying to understand and figure out how to best proceed with a recommendati=
on/solution for defining workflow substitutes in a new SAP installation tha=
t includes the following components: Netweaver 2004S, EP6,&nbsp;&nbsp;SRM5 =
and ERP 2005.
kflows throughout the organization and use the UWL for all workflow scenari=
os.<br><br>Being new to the portal and UWL, I been reading and trying diffe=
rent things with respect to maintaining substitutes in the ERP and SRM syst=
ems as well as the UWL.
o the ERP and SRM functionality. This means that anyone responsible for app=
rovals will need to log into the ERP system and define the required persona=
l substitutes in the Workflow Inbox and then repeat the same process in the=
 SRM Approval tab.
s will not be met with open arms for all sorts of reasons.<br><br>As I'm ne=
w to these new SAP components, am I missing something? There is a simple so=
lution to defining substitutes in this type of a system landscape or do you=