Keep Single step task from completing until Dead Line date

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Fri Jan 20 16:47:26 EST 2006

Mike,
I am not in the ofc right now, but it was the first
exception from the call to SWW_WI_START.

Bottom line, if I have a terminating event in the task
the task should not be set to completed until this event
triggers event if I execute the task. Yes?

When I call the SWW_WI_START, do I need to add or change any
parms for this to wait for term event?

Before Async changes:
I start the task via SWW_WI_START. I use the Deadline date and action.
This works fine.
I have a method on zbus2032-doSomething. From this method, I call a
program and return. Task gets set to Comppleted status.
Also, if dead line is reached it gets set to completed.
This is expected results.

After Async changes:
Start Task with SWW_WI_START with same Deadline date and action.
Added a zDummy event to zbus2032.
Added the event to the terminating events in the Task.
Changed the method I call in zbus2032 to Async.
Save / complie changes on bus2032 and my task.

The thinking here is that the task shouldn't be set to complete
until the event triggers.

The ESS Time Approval is a singel step task and waits for a
term event to complete. I will look at it Monday and compare.

Thanks!
Rick

>>> wug.replies at workflowconnections.com 01/19/06 17:01 PM >>>
Hi Rick,
That should definitively work. The method has to be asynchronous though,

it seems you had some other problem preventing it starting. Can you
clarify "Failed to start"?

Cheers
Mike