Processing of WF RFC's, Analysis of Performance Problems

Staenglen, Ralf Ralf.Staenglen at cellent.de
Thu Jan 19 11:20:25 EST 2006

Hi all,

In an environment with 9 Application Servers the standard workflow batch processes like event queue are bound to one special server, which runs nearly dedicated those batch processes. The event queue is used in asynchronous mode.

Since some weeks we counter situations where the rfc-queue accumulates. For the workflow system this is unacceptable.

I have the following questions:

1.	Are the workflow RFC's distributed across the servers exactly as the RFC's from other sources?
2.	Are the TRFC' producing dialog processes all the time. Even is sm58 tells us that RFCs are in the executed (not waiting!), we had trouble to identify one dialog process referring to those RFC on any server. Has somebody a description of the states in the RFC queue. If sm58 says in execution, is the RFC really executed or perhaps waiting?
3.	Has somebody experience in using synchroneous mode with distribution to a group of servers. On which servers are the RFC's running in synchronous mode?
4.	Does someone have a hint on literature regarding processing of workflow RFC's?
5.	If we process the RFC's in sm58 manually we sometimes encounter very long processing times on "SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S_NEW". As far as I do know this is the remote logon?

Regards

Ralf Staenglen