HR-ECM workflow event triggering?

Mikko Mäki-Rahkola mikkomr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 07:03:33 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm working on an ECC5.0 system and more specifically creating an HR
employee compensation adjustment approval workflow.

According to SAP's suggestion in OSS note 802992, the triggering events
should be launched by entering a modification to the specific sections of
standard fm HR_ECM_HANDLE_PROCESS_DATA (yes, it really does say so). I'm
however a bit confused how to create the needed object key for the event
since there's basically no documentation available and the available tables
(plan_tab, proc_admin_tab, proc_planned_tab) aren't that obvious.

Before I begin with the trial and error approach or go directly to SAP with
this, I would like to know if anyone has found out a good way of picking up
all the needed data for a single compensation adjustment?

Thanks & best regards,
Mikko