Indentifying 'amt' based approvers in an N-step 'amt' approval process in SRM

jerry martinek jerry.martinek at shawbiz.ca
Tue Jan 17 13:39:16 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a general question regarding options for identifying amount based approvers for an N-step shopping cart approval process in SRM (version 5).

In a prior N-Step shopping cart approval process, I used the role attribute ‘BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT’ to assign the required approval amount to managers who were responsible for approving shopping carts. These approval roles were assigned to the manager’s positions in the org structure
This was then used in the workflow start conditions to bypass shopping cart approval if the shopper had an approval limit that was greater than the shopping cart value and it was also used in the BADI implementation for deriving the required manager approvers. In the implementation, for each org unit manager, I checked their approval limit to see if they were eligible to approve and whether their approval amount was adequate.

Has anyone done something differently in SRM version 5 or earlier in an N-Step ‘amount’ based approval scenario?

Thanks,
Jerry