Role resolution using responsibilities

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Tue Jan 10 09:53:22 EST 2006

Generally bad practice yes, but I've had a few be exceptions. Anything
where a person is more important than their position.

If Ziggy Stardust should buy property on the Moon because he is an expert
on Lunar geography then the responsibilty is his regardless of position in
the org chart and it should follow him if he moves.

Another is our old favourite "it always works like this except for
department Y where Joe does it" (of course falling into the 'bad practice'
category). More valid is perhaps the exception case where departments
refer to themselves (everything goes to org unit XYZ except if it's raised
by them then it should be Mr. Smith).

Still haven't figured out why we need a tickbox to PREVENT anyone using
org units.... hence I've never used it.

Cheers
Mike