Status management via transaction BSVW nottriggeringeventforsalesdelivery - post goods issue.

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Mon Jan 9 05:42:35 EST 2006

Hans, Vijay,

I didn't know status management also handles deliveries, and here I
thought I was learning something new :-)

No, the VBUK/P fields have nothing to do with "status management" in the
BSVW sense. They are just indicator fields.

Vijay's suggestion about triggering it from an output type is a solution
I've used myself, though it is better to add a requirement in your output
determination (VBUK-STATV = B or C) instead of checking the status in the
workflow. This way the workflow is also only triggered once on the first
GR. Otherwise you'll trigger a WF every time the delivery is changed,
which is not really a necessary use of system resources.

My preferred alternative is to trigger an event from the material document
using BAdI MB_DOCUMENT_BADI, though you need to check one or two extra
bits like movement types.

Cheers
Mike