Selfitem.SendtaskDescription method not sending mails

Ananth write2ananth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:25:43 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem in the production system. I am working
on MySAP ECC Ver 5.0.

After the PO/PR are released by the approver, a notification mail is
sent to the initiator, that the PO/PR is released by the approver.

I am using Selfitem.SendTaskDescription to send notification mails to
the concerned users. When this task was tested both in Development and
QA systems, the mails were being properly. In the Production system,
when the migration users (DATAMIGMM) had to create open PO's/PR's
before Go-Live and it was released by the approvers (DATAMIGREL), it
was working fine. The notification mails were being sent properly.

Now after go-live, the SAP users in the client's place is their
employee id, which is a 5 character value like '00154' , but when the
approvers release the PO's/PR's, notification mails to the initiator
are not being sent. The task is executed successfully as seen from
SWI2_FREQ transaction. The workitems are also sent to the approvers
properly, but the release notifications are not reaching the
initiator.

Attaching the screenshots of the SWI2_FREQ transaction and the details
of the task.

Can someone please let me know what is the problem.

Thanks in advance
Ananth