Removal of button from std. transaction FV60 in WF ?

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Thu Feb 16 09:38:46 EST 2006

Hi Trygve,

I'm not familiar with the specific transaction, but I was wondering if this might be a good use of a "transaction variant". It's been a while since I played with that but it sounds promising. The idea being that you create a transaction variant which allows you to hide, or otherwise change the behavior of, certain fields and buttons in the transaction.  In the workflow you call the variant instead of the standard. I believe you can even create a new transaction code based on the variant. The benefit of using a transaction variant is that you would be only adjusting the user interface, not the underlying functionality (although obviously unwise adjustments to the ui could make the functionality inaccessible to the user).

This is highly conceptual on my part, but I thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.

Another possibility is GuiXT, but I haven't done much with that, and in that case it may be dependent on the user instead of the call from the workflow.

Transaction variants can be configured in the IMG under General settings > Field Display Characteristics > Configure application transaction fields.

Maybe some other folks here have more experience with transaction variants or GuiXT and can give a better assessment of whether either of those might be appropriate to solve this problem.

Good luck,

Margaret