Does the WF engine use EXISTENCECHECK methods directly?

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Feb 9 05:50:40 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm curious about the use of existencecheck. It's a method in all Business
Objects, which I have no problem with and fully understand.

What made me curious is that OO Classes used in WF still include an
EXISTENCECHECK method. Theoretically it's not necessary, because the
constructor does pretty much the same thing.

So, is this still around because some obscure internal routines call it
occasionally? Obviously I cannot conclusively test this, and on the other
hand if it is used then shouldn't it be part of IF_WORKFLOW?

Any input appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike Pokraka
Senior Consultant