You know what I hate?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Dec 20 03:24:52 EST 2006

The problem I see with "extreme" naming standards is they are not very forward-compatible. For those of you who don't understand the concept of forwards-compatibility - you have been using Microsoft products for too long.

When another country or plant or whatever wants the same functionality you either have to copy the object with the maintenance hell that creates, or use the same object and see your nice plan about reflecting who its for fall apart.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil OFT GBS BAS DEV SAP